Delivered by the Toronto Metropolitan University English Language Institute (ELI), the EAP is a pathway program designed to help you strengthen your English language skills. This program facilitates your transition to TMUIC foundation programs, adding an additional 8-16 weeks (dependent on your English language proficiency) to the start of the program.
Your small class environment will include project-based assessments and feedback on your language skills. Individualized areas of focus include opportunities to:
- Read and analyze academic text
- Practice note taking and summarizing
- Participate in group discussions
- Produce and revise a variety of writing pieces
- Engage in active listening and class participation
Students who successfully complete the EAP program will be exempted from ILC101
and will be required to take (and pass) ILS101 – Integrated Learning Skills.